Page 14 of The All New Doctor Who Thread...

Television Forum

RE: [VIDEO] The All New Doctor Who Thread...

Jitendar Canth (Reviewer) posted this on Monday, 3rd February 2020, 12:49

Compared to Orphan 55, this one was a work of genius. The eco message wasn't nearly as heavy handed, and indeed only seems obvious cos Attenborough et al have been keeping ocean plastic pollution in the headlines for months now. The show had pace, the mystery was interesting, and all of the characters got something to do, even Yaz, who's usually a fifth wheel. Got no problem with the gender politics anymore, not that I ever had. The show's been on for 15 years, and started off with Capt Jack snogging everything in sight.

===========================
Jitendar Canth

Quote:
"I thought what I`d do was, I`d pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes."

Site Reviewer at DVD Reviewer & MyReviewer

Carving out a niche with a pneumatic drill at Anime @ MyReviewer.com

mbilko (Elite) posted this on Tuesday, 4th February 2020, 00:57

I completely agree with Pete, I enjoyed it but by god there's a subtle message and a full on knock out punch you can't avoid, that was definitely the latter , keep up the good show and ease back on the environmental bashing, we know already.

Robee J Shepherd (undefined) posted this on Tuesday, 4th February 2020, 08:59

Quote:
mbilko says...
"ease back on the environmental bashing, we know already"

Probably not aimed at us, you know, the bunch that got irritated when we had to stop using incandecent lightbulbs (I mean not us personally, our generations and above).

Editor
MYREVIEWER.COM

My Flickr Photostream

Snaps (Elite) posted this on Tuesday, 4th February 2020, 09:33

Quote:
Robee J Shepherd says...
"Probably not aimed at us, you know, the bunch that got irritated when we had to stop using incandecent lightbulbs (I mean not us personally, our generations and above)."

Hallo. 
Boomer representative here.

What's replaced incandescent bulbs lasts nowhere near what it states on the box and I seem to spend just as much on replacements as before.

Seems to be morphing into Doctor Who, How, What, Why, When, Where and NO.

Snaps

My new Flash Fiction blog. All my own work
500ish

I am not young enough to know everything.

Go back to Television Forum threads, or All Forum threads