Page 1 of Looks like we're the only social network up and running right now.

General Forum

Looks like we're the only social network up and running right now.

Pete-MK (Elite Donator) posted this on Monday, 4th October 2021, 18:33

Facebook, Whatsapp, Instagram, Messenger. All down since midday.

On the plus side, maybe it'll stop the morons screaming about petrol stations having a delivery to all & sundry and maybe, just maybe, the south east will get out of this ridiculousness

============================
Writer`s Release

Disliked by: Si Wooldridge

RE: Looks like we're the only social network up and running right now.

marksparks999 (Elite) posted this on Monday, 4th October 2021, 18:45

I reckon it's all Boris fault?

RE: Looks like we're the only social network up and running right now.

Pete-MK (Elite Donator) posted this on Monday, 4th October 2021, 18:46

Well, without wishing to go down the path of the conspiracy theorist, all the revelations about Facebook's supposed priorities (profit over people, duh) that have come out today just makes for amazingly convenient timing.

============================
Writer`s Release

This item was edited on Monday, 4th October 2021, 18:46

RE: Looks like we're the only social network up and running right now.

Si Wooldridge (Reviewer) posted this on Monday, 4th October 2021, 19:05

Quote:
Pete-MK says...
"On the plus side, maybe it'll stop the morons screaming about petrol stations having a delivery to all & sundry and maybe, just maybe, the south east will get out of this ridiculousness"

I'm actually hoping it's down and stays off-line for at least a week or two, and Zuckerberg gets the BBM treatment that Blackberry did a few years ago...

I suspect this isn't true, but I so hope it is:



---------

Si Wooldridge
Reviewer

http://synth.myreviewer.com

This item was edited on Monday, 4th October 2021, 19:13

RE: Looks like we're the only social network up and running right now.

Jitendar Canth (Reviewer) posted this on Monday, 4th October 2021, 20:00

#TwitterDown is trending… on Twitter.

How does that work then?

===========================
Jitendar Canth

Quote:
"I thought what I`d do was, I`d pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes."


Site Reviewer at DVD Reviewer & MyReviewer

Carving out a niche with a pneumatic drill at Anime @ MyReviewer.com

RE: Looks like we're the only social network up and running right now.

Si Wooldridge (Reviewer) posted this on Monday, 4th October 2021, 20:04

Quote:
Jitendar Canth says...
"#TwitterDown is trending… on Twitter.

How does that work then?"

Wishful thinking...

---------

Si Wooldridge
Reviewer

http://synth.myreviewer.com

RE: Looks like we're the only social network up and running right now.

Robee J Shepherd (undefined) posted this on Monday, 4th October 2021, 21:06

Apparently the BGP routes to Facebook's servers have been withdrawn. Technically, right now, Facebook doesn't exist on the internet.


Editor
MYREVIEWER.COM

My Flickr Photostream

RE: Looks like we're the only social network up and running right now.

Jitendar Canth (Reviewer) posted this on Monday, 4th October 2021, 21:21

Quote:
Apparently the BGP routes to Facebook's servers have been withdrawn. Technically, right now, Facebook doesn't exist on the internet.

Editor
MYREVIEWER.COM

It gets better…

Quote:
Update 4:22 pm EDT: New York Times technology reporter Sheera Frenkel reports that some Facebook employees are unable to enter buildings due to badge access also being down from the outage.

https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2021/10/facebook-instagram-whatsapp-and-oculus-are-down-heres-what-we-know/

===========================
Jitendar Canth

Quote:
"I thought what I`d do was, I`d pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes."


Site Reviewer at DVD Reviewer & MyReviewer

Carving out a niche with a pneumatic drill at Anime @ MyReviewer.com

RE: Looks like we're the only social network up and running right now.

Pete-MK (Elite Donator) posted this on Monday, 4th October 2021, 21:47

Looks like Microsoft aren't the only ones adept at bricking systems with scheduled updates.

In other news, Zuckerberg just lost $7 billion, and vaccination rates in the US are bound to rise now the misinformation highway is closed

============================
Writer`s Release

Go back to General Forum threads, or All Forum threads