Page 2 of Boris the not-a-spider

General Forum

...

RE: Boris the not-a-spider

Robee J Shepherd (undefined) posted this on Tuesday, 11th May 2021, 08:50

Quote:
Si Wooldridge says...
"Happy for someone to pick up that mantle if they so wish..."

That's very kind of you!


Editor
MYREVIEWER.COM

My Flickr Photostream

RE: Boris the not-a-spider

Si Wooldridge (Reviewer) posted this on Tuesday, 11th May 2021, 11:34

Quote:
Robee J Shepherd says...
"That's very kind of you!"

I know, right...

---------

Si Wooldridge
Reviewer

http://synth.myreviewer.com

RE: Boris the not-a-spider

Jitendar Canth (Reviewer) posted this on Tuesday, 11th May 2021, 12:14

I dunno, when the Labour party did something like this in 2006, it was a bad idea, and Cameron scrapped the National ID Card scheme as soon as he came into power. But now it's Boris, and it's a good idea again.

===========================
Jitendar Canth

Quote:
"I thought what I`d do was, I`d pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes."


Site Reviewer at DVD Reviewer & MyReviewer

Carving out a niche with a pneumatic drill at Anime @ MyReviewer.com

RE: Boris the not-a-spider

Si Wooldridge (Reviewer) posted this on Tuesday, 11th May 2021, 12:19

Quote:
Jitendar Canth says...
"I dunno, when the Labour party did something like this in 2006, it was a bad idea, and Cameron scrapped the National ID Card scheme as soon as he came into power. But now it's Boris, and it's a good idea again."

Until I see the actual detail of what is going to be provided and the information required to be handed over, I have an open mind.

Anything approaching the NID scheme and I'm against, but as I've previous mentioned there are already many areas where photo id or two bills with your name/address listed are required.

---------

Si Wooldridge
Reviewer

http://synth.myreviewer.com

RE: Boris the not-a-spider

Jitendar Canth (Reviewer) posted this on Tuesday, 11th May 2021, 12:28

I'm not convinced. Anything that can connect your identity to your vote is a dangerous idea. You vote for the "wrong" person, and then one night the secret police are knocking on your door to 'disappear' you.

===========================
Jitendar Canth

Quote:
"I thought what I`d do was, I`d pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes."


Site Reviewer at DVD Reviewer & MyReviewer

Carving out a niche with a pneumatic drill at Anime @ MyReviewer.com

RE: Boris the not-a-spider

Si Wooldridge (Reviewer) posted this on Tuesday, 11th May 2021, 12:35

Quote:
Jitendar Canth says...
"I'm not convinced. Anything that can connect your identity to your vote is a dangerous idea. You vote for the "wrong" person, and then one night the secret police are knocking on your door to 'disappear' you."

Right, so your polling card doesn't perform the same role?

And since when did your actual vote get registered to you?  That's the whole purpose of a secret ballot...other than people on social media who just have to tell you...

---------

Si Wooldridge
Reviewer

http://synth.myreviewer.com

RE: Boris the not-a-spider

Pete-MK (Elite Donator) posted this on Tuesday, 11th May 2021, 15:57

Quote:
Si Wooldridge says...
"Right, so your polling card doesn't perform the same role?"

Every time I've voted they've got my name & address on a list, they then write a connecting reference number on the polling card and I go vote. They have ALWAYS known who voted for whom. 



============================
Writer`s Release

RE: Boris the not-a-spider

Jitendar Canth (Reviewer) posted this on Tuesday, 11th May 2021, 16:40

Yeah, Boris sticking by his principles again...

https://twitter.com/sausageonstick/status/1392097081788145666


===========================
Jitendar Canth

Quote:
"I thought what I`d do was, I`d pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes."


Site Reviewer at DVD Reviewer & MyReviewer

Carving out a niche with a pneumatic drill at Anime @ MyReviewer.com

RE: Boris the not-a-spider

Si Wooldridge (Reviewer) posted this on Tuesday, 11th May 2021, 17:48

Quote:
Jitendar Canth says...
"Yeah, Boris sticking by his principles again...

https://twitter.com/sausageonstick/status/1392097081788145666"

As you will know, you are expected to carry an ID card at all times, whereas I would imagine voter ID you would only need to carry twice in about 4 years...so not quite the same thing...

---------

Si Wooldridge
Reviewer

http://synth.myreviewer.com

Disliked by: Robee J Shepherd

RE: Boris the not-a-spider

admars (Elite) posted this on Tuesday, 11th May 2021, 20:33

Quote:
Si Wooldridge says...
"As you will know, you are expected to carry an ID card at all times, whereas I would imagine voter ID you would only need to carry twice in about 4 years...so not quite the same thing..."

Are you? even if you just pop to the shop to get some milk?

From what age? 16 year olds would get one at college, but if you don't go to college, don't drive, don't have a passport, how would you have an id card?


https://admars32.wordpress.com/
https://mobro.co/admars?mc=1

...

Go back to General Forum threads, or All Forum threads