Page 1 of Happy fingers

General Forum

Happy fingers

Snaps (Elite) posted this on Friday, 16th October 2020, 23:12

Had a really shi**y day the first day of the new lockdown which coincided with Amazon Prime day.
It could have ended worse than it did with just a small bit of retail therapy but a discounted cordless keyboard and mouse presented itself.
As the symbols on the number keys of my old one were practically illegible and the 2 key needed a particularly hard thump to register...'Click to buy'.

Why the hell hadn't I done it long ago. Until you use a decent keyboard you don't realise what a pile of junk you've been pounding at for the last 2 or 3 years.

Snaps



My new Flash Fiction blog. All my own work
500ish




I am not young enough to know everything.

RE: Happy fingers

Robee J Shepherd (undefined) posted this on Saturday, 17th October 2020, 09:07

Quote:
Snaps says...
"Why the hell hadn't I done it long ago. Until you use a decent keyboard you don't realise what a pile of junk you've been pounding at for the last 2 or 3 years."

Is it short story time again? :)


Editor
MYREVIEWER.COM

My Flickr Photostream

RE: Happy fingers

Snaps (Elite) posted this on Saturday, 17th October 2020, 10:17

Quote:
Robee J Shepherd says...
"Is it short story time again? :)"

Maybe.
Maybe even long story, who knows.


Snaps



My new Flash Fiction blog. All my own work
500ish




I am not young enough to know everything.

RE: Happy fingers

alfie noakes (Elite) posted this on Saturday, 17th October 2020, 15:14

Quote:
Snaps says...
"Why the hell hadn't I done it long ago. Until you use a decent keyboard you don't realise what a pile of junk you've been pounding at for the last 2 or 3 years."

I'm using a crappy old wired keyboard atm after my wireless went tits up a while back. Same problem as some keys just don't work anymore... that's the no. two key     , and that's the speech key   . Trouble is I've just bought a nice twenty 7 inch monitor (try typing that without the two and the speech marks) and I've got hardly any work so a new keyboard will have to wait for a bit.

RE: Happy fingers

Snaps (Elite) posted this on Sunday, 18th October 2020, 10:34

Quote:
alfie noakes says...
"I've got hardly any work so a new keyboard will have to wait for a bit."

With the new tier 3 lockdown I'm heading in that direction.
Getting a bit more reading and learning in as an alternative to just staring through the windscreen.


Snaps



My new Flash Fiction blog. All my own work
500ish




I am not young enough to know everything.

RE: Happy fingers

bandicoot (Elite) posted this on Sunday, 18th October 2020, 11:00

I recently bought a refurbished 'ex-office use, but wiped' WinXp computer for to do works paperwork in my house during covid situation, got it off an Ebay seller store. I need it for my works programs that run on winXP only (yes, they are old programs, not compatible with newer windows, typical). The winXP computer i have is still in the site hut, but need it to remain there.

Anyway, the total package came with new keyboard and new optical mouse. (a good deal at £60 and free delivery for the lot, computer and all, with 1 year guarantee). Was amazed at seeing the letters on the new keyboard, as all my old computer keyboard have most letters wiped by age. LOL

So I looked up the internet and found the 'keyboard and mouse' and bought another two sets, one for the winXP in my site hut, and one for my win7 in my house. So all computers now have shinny new keyboard, nice. I can see what I am doing now :D

RE: Happy fingers

alfie noakes (Elite) posted this on Sunday, 18th October 2020, 14:13

Quote:
Snaps says...
"With the new tier 3 lockdown I'm heading in that direction.
Getting a bit more reading and learning in as an alternative to just staring through the windscreen."

Covid rate is still relatively low here, but it really wouldn't affect my work that much because it's pretty much all online these days. It's more that people are keeping their hands in their pockets because they're worried about the future (at least for the fairly expensive stuff we make). October to December is normally my mad busy time of year, but it's virtually dead. It was similar last year due to brexit fears, now we've got both.

Quote:
bandicoot says...
"So I looked up the internet and found the 'keyboard and mouse' and bought another two sets, one for the winXP in my site hut, and one for my win7 in my house. So all computers now have shinny new keyboard, nice. I can see what I am doing now :D"

I've been through a few wireless keyboards/mice in the last few years, I suppose I'm a fairly heavy user. Super cheap budget versions are not for me though.

Go back to General Forum threads, or All Forum threads